Friday

4th March 2011 - Tidz 16th Birthday - bed cake

Today is my son's birthday and the cake I made is of him in his bed asleep.  The sleeping position of Tidz in bed is a perfect example of how he sleeps in real life.  I placed a childhood favourite soft toy on his pillow next to him and used the design from the quilt and pillows that he has on his bed today.... All of us men in the household like childish quilt cover designs and that includes me =].  The Westie (our Alfie) and the ginger cat (our Fudge) under the bed, were my wife's idea and I think they add alot to the design of the finished cake.

7.5 hrs work from start to finish.
Victoria sponge cake underneath.











Bed cut to shape when sponge was frozen.
Made over 2 days due to work.











Same Westie from Valentines cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment