Sunday

10th July 2011 - Motorbike Birthday Cake

Motorbikes are a little tricky to do as I found out with this cake.  I made all the different parts of the bike and let them set overnight.  The next day I stuck all the parts together and painted the details on.  Again I let the motorbike set for another night.  The morning after I discovered the weight of the bike had squashed the tyres a little more than I had anticipated.

With the tyres in mind I designed the cake around a theme that would allow me to disguise them enough without destroying the look of the cake.  I made the bike sink into think mud.... Genius =].  I had Adam (the birthday boy) lose a shoe in the mud too for more of an effect.  I built the cake up to have a hill for Adam to sit on with just a couple of flowers and tall grass to finish it off. 

I imprinted the number 18 in a kind of tire print, like was asked, as well as painting his name and age on his T-shirt and his age on his motorbike.  Oh and I made a tiny little frog and placed it in the mud too just by the front wheel.
Triple layered sponge... So popular

So distraught about his bike

I didn't see that warning sign!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment