Tuesday

8th February 2011 - For friends and Family.

I was asked by some work colleagues to make a cake for then for tonight.  I decided to make a Victoria sponge cake with fresh fruit (strawberries.... because everyone loves those) and double cream filling.
I didn't have all the ingredients to hand so I had to go shopping this morning before I went to bed (I do night shift and had only been in since 6am.) 

Not only did I have to get ingredients for the work cake but also for the one I made for my kids, wife and me.  We had blueberries as well as strawberries though, for that extra tasty twist.  I couldn't use blueberries in the one for work because a lot of people don't like them... Bless 'em =] it's their loss 'cos they taste great.

I forgot to take a photo of the work cake before I wrapped it up.  Just look at the one below but imagine three whole strawberries on the top and no blueberries showing in the filling.



Strawberry Blues Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment