Saturday

5th February 2011 - First time piping.

Well it is time I had a go with a piping bag..... Just simple star shapes but still it is my first try.  The cake I made is chocolate sponge made with a Victoria sponge mix but re-placing 1oz of flour for 1oz of cocoa powder.  The filling was a chocolate buttercream as were the stars I piped on the top.  Unfortunately I didn't make quite enough so I couldn't decorate the whole surface of the cake with rings of stars.

Once I finished the piping, I popped the cake in the fridge to cool the buttercream a little, as it had been warmed by my hands in the bag a little too much.

While that was cooling I tried my hand at actually decorating some butterflies properly for the cake.  I know I did some last week but I didn't spend much time on them.



Stars and Butterflies

No comments:

Post a Comment