Saturday

28th May 2011 - Doll cake in Snow White style with Peppa Pig friend

This cake was fun to make... first off I had to sculpt the dress into shape and add grooves and crevices into the sponge (which was filled with many layers of vanilla buttercream and Strawberry Jam).  I then made three circles of yellow Regalice, each a different size, the two largest of these I cut holes into.

I placed the largest one on first, bringing it to just under a third of the way down and shaped the creases and folds into it.  I did the same for the second but obviously placed it further up the cake.  The third I placed on top of the cake and smoothed and shaped and folded into the final dress shape.

Next I created the upper body to fit the proportions of the lower dress.  I then created the head and face, followed by the   shoulders of the dress and the arms of the doll holding a bunch of flowers.  Finally came the hair, and I did plenty of this to give the look of layered hair like in real life.  Not thin hair where you can see the scalp and neck of the doll.

I then made and placed the flowers and butterflies on the finished doll, along with a Peppa pig friend.  Why Peppa Pig you may ask..... and the answer is.... because the 2 year old the doll cake was for loves Peppa Pig too.
Doll cake in Snow White style

Long flowing black hair

Peppa Pig friend on Doll Cake

1 comment:

  1. You are very talented! I especially love the little piggy!

    ReplyDelete