Saturday

20th November 2010 - My First Cake!!! and My First Failure!!!

I used the Victoria sponge recipe form Fiona Cairns book but I used margarine instead of butter because that’s what Lel likes to use when she bakes.  T-Berry baked one too, with margarine like I did, white sugar instead of golden caster sugar, left out the baking powder and for the filling and dollops on the top,  he used Rich and Creamy Icing (Ready to spread), with chocolate buttons placed on each dollop.



Wiggles Victoria Sponge

T-Berrys Victoria Sponge

I also baked some chocolate chip cookies from an old Be-Ro recipe book (39th edition).  The cookies were a complete sloppy failure.  I possibly didn’t weigh the ingredients accurately... I mean definitely didn’t weight them properly.  They were almost just a cookie soup.  No photo of these because I was so embarrassed they went straight in the bin.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment