Monday

18th April 2011 - Cow cake, rabbit cake and rocky road muffins

This weekend was a bit busier than I thought it was going to be.  I didn't think I had a cake to make for anyone this week so I told Emma from work that I would make her Double Cow Cake this week... She asked me to make it for her about two months ago but she said she was in no rush and to just do it when I got the time.  Well this weekend was that time!!! 

Then when walking the dog on Sunday, Lel asks me if I could make another cake in time for Tuesday because it was Lorna's Birthday.... A bit more time would of been nice and when I got home I was a little stressed with the time I had to do both cakes.  I had already told Emma I would be delivering her cake on monday night and now I had to have a second ready for the latest 5pm on Tuesday.

So I did what any pure blood Englishman does when stressed..... Sat down with a brew (and one of the Rocky Road Muffins my wife made).  After a relaxing brew I got too it.... baking cakes, mixing buttercream, rolling icing and making cake decorations and models.

As I mentioned earlier I did a Double Cow Cake for Emma.  For Lorna I did a Rabbit next to a little pond with ducks, (because its spring), holding a Butterfly.  I also surounded the cake in butterflies because if you haven't guessed already Lorna likes butterflies.

Throughout the cake process my wife cleaned up after me time and again to the point I though I would soon have to pay her a full time wage...... I Love my wife X X X !!!

Rocky Roads made by my wife Lel X X X.
Destress with one of these and a Cuppa Tea mmmmmm.






15hrs in Total for both cakes.
5hrs sleep, all day decorating cake and then nightshift...






Book title "The Big Story".
Vanilla Sponge and Vanilla Buttercream in both
cakes with Stawberry jam.






Both cakes finished by 8:30pm on Monday
Thx Lel for my tea, Cuppa's, snacks and cleaning
up after me for two days X X X.

No comments:

Post a Comment