Saturday

11th December 2010 - Diet Cakes Yes or No?

As its Christmas and everyone always eats way to much I decided to try and bake a diet Cocoa Chocolate Cake recipe I found on a popular food website. 

I was not impressed with the results as the cake did not rise very much at all, (even with my second attempt at the recipe which I substituted the Plain Flour for Self-Raising Flour) and the cake seemed very dry while eating.  It would probably be okay with custard or ice cream but that kind of takes away the point of a diet cake really. 

Hay-ho and all that, this is the first and last time I bake diet style. 

Diet Chocolate Cake - Custard Required!!!
This week I also rolled out the Marzipan and placed it on the Christmas Cake...  I love Christmas =] =] =]


Next week I can put the fondant icing on it and try to decorate my first cake... I better start practicing making models and things with play-dough... its almost the same consistency as fondant.... maybe.... maybe not, but still worth the practice I think.  See next week if it pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment