Tuesday

14th December 2010 - A Marbleous Cake.

After I left work this morning all I wanted to do was bake a cake, any cake..... JUST LET ME MAKE A CAKE =].  But first I needed to sleep after a 12 hour shift.  I didn't know what kind of cake to make and my ingredients cupboard is none too big, so I decided to make the Victoria Sponge Cake again. 

Lel being Lel said I had done that cake already and if I insisted on making it maybe I should do something different with it.  Lel suggested Chocolate filling or a Chocolate topping.  I looked in my cupboards to see what I could find.  Milk Chocolate and White Chocolate and some Cocoa. 

I decided there and then that I would try and make a Marble Cake.  From what I remembered from some recipes (Internet and books), I make a Victoria Sponge mix and pour just half of the mix between the two cake tins.  I then add a heaped spoon of Cocoa powder into the remaining mix and whisk thoroughly until I get a creamy Cocoa Brown colour.

After that is done I pour the Cocoa mix on top of the mix already in the two cake tins.  Then I used the handle end of a knife to slowly draw through the mixtures until I ended up with a swirly pattern through both cake mixes.  After that I popped them in the oven as normal.

Once the cake was fully baked and filled with Jam and Cream, I melted some Milk Chocolate and White Chocolate and swirled it on top of the cake.  Once all the Chocolate was on I used the back of a spoon to make a marble effect in the Chocolate to match the cake.

Tastes great and I remembered to store a piece in the fridge for Odin too =].


Double Cream and Strawberry filling.

Milk and White Chocolate Topping


No comments:

Post a Comment