Tuesday

28th December 2010 - A Cow for Xmas

The Christmas cake is eaten and tasted great even if I do say so myself.  Sense of pride gleaming in my eyes.

Today my wife Lel asked me to make a Birthday Cake for one of our friends as she did not get one for her birthday which lands on Christmas day.  As I know the person who the cake is for, which makes life a little easier.  I know she likes cows and even takes a cow soft toy with her on holidays.  This cow is placed in the scenic photos she takes. Sweet =].

I had a great time with this cake.  The cake itself is a Victoria Sponge Cake with a Vanilla Buttercream filling.  All of which I made myself.  I kept some of the Buttercream to spread thinly all over the top and sides of the cake.  I then rolled out some bought pink Regalice and placed it over the cake.  After that I made the cow which took me a little while because I kept coming up with little ideas, like the daisies and ladybirds.

After the cow was finally finished (and all the daises and ladybirds were placed), I put him in the middle of the cake.  I then used a garlic press and some green Regalice to make the grass clumps.  After I had finished I look at my first fully homemade cake.  I smiled at the result and felt quite proud of myself =] =] =].

  


Giant bugs and flowers or a mini cow?

Moooooooooooo !!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment