Saturday

18th December 2010 - Xmas Cake Finished but not how I liked

Today I put the Regalice Icing on the  Christmas Cake.  So far so good.  It was a lot easier to do than I thought.  Getting a smooth finished took a little time, but with it being my first time I don't think I did too bad.

Next came the decorating.  I bought some green Regalice and a pack of white.  I needed yellow and black colours as well but the shop I use doesn't stock a great supply of colours unfortunately.  I was left with having to colour the Regalice myself.  I did the yellow first by adding some yellow food colouring to half the white.  All went well with that and I placed it in a food bag to keep it soft. 

The black however required a lot of food colouring and went very sticky.  I tried adding icing sugar like the Internet said I should but this didn't seem to make much difference.  At this point I decided to put the black to one side and let it dry out a little in the open air while I started on the cake.

To begin with I took the green Regalice and split it into four different sized balls.  I then took each ball and rolled them into cone shapes.  Once done I took my scissors and snipped into the icing trying to make each of the four cones look like Christmas Trees.  It worked in a fashion but still looked better than plastic trees so I ain't complaining.

Next came the Penguin I wanted to do but gave up because the black Regalice I coloured was way too sticky.   I had no option but to use the plastic Xmas cake decorations Lel had gotten for me.  Still the end product didn't turn out to bad =].


Merry Xmas

No comments:

Post a Comment