Saturday

15th January 2011 - Ginger, Spice and the Cake tastes nice

Me and my wife Lel jointly made some Crusty topped Gingerbread today.  Black treacle really smells awful on its own doesn't it. Anyway the amounts of ingredients vary very differently from recipe to recipe so its more of, choose one and see if the out come is to your liking.  Some of the recipes use half the amounts of some ingredients but more of others which I don't really get but that's life.

The usual cake tests do not apply with Gingerbread neither.  After about 45mins of the 1hr 30mins baking time required, the cake was firm to the touch and crumb/wetness free.  Lel let me do the tests quickly to show me this knowing the outcome.  We pushed it back in the oven to let it bake for the rest of the time needed. 

The end result was a great tasting Gingerbread with a nice crunchy top mmmmmmm yum and perfect.  Lel then got me to make a Lemon Buttercream for the middle of the cake.  Wow I love the taste of Buttercream and it is so easy to make.  The cake is all gone even as I write this.... We so love cake =].
Rough looking but tastes great


No comments:

Post a Comment